Sunday, March 4, 2012

Runners...take your mark....

That's pretty close to how it was!

Ok. Pre-leaving. Does that really even make sense? Pre-Leaving? Ah, oh well. I am from Ohio. We have our own language.

I was able to get all the qualifications and pre-requisites done for the Non Compliant Vessel Course I needed to go to. Which meant that I was not "that guy" who ruined it for the boat. There was another guy who was going as well (we are a team) and he was busting his ass to get his shit done as well. Thankfully by the very skin of our teeth (I really mean it) we were able to go.

I was also able to pack all of the things I thought I might need in a 3 month span. As well as another girls.  I also managed to not have any checks with me so I had to have my mom mail it to me. Good thing I brought all my paperwork and important stuff to her. She also mailed me my Concealed Carry Permit.....with a picture of me and my black eye.....EPIC!


I had one of the girls from the boat ride with me. That was one of the best decisions ever. It made the trip go by so quick. It was nice having someone there to talk and joke around with. Also she kept an eye out on me. Hehe.

The car ride was pretty comical. There was never a dull moment. Especially when we got near Mobile, Alabama. It started to pour down rain and the winds picked up. We both swear we saw a water spout start to form when we were headed over a bridge. 

I'm also glad I had a truck in some spots. The roads were starting to get flooded. But we made it in one piece to Mississippi (that's a whole nother blog). I can't say that for some. There were a few accidents and ridiculously funny looking people traveling on the roads. 

Here's to you air guitar man and fat guy who takes up both front seats!


No comments:

Post a Comment