Sunday, March 4, 2012

God is over Meridian...

That was on a Church sign. I took it the sarcastic way. To me this read: God is (so) oooooovvvvvveeerrr Meridian. Yup, I'm pretty sure that's not what it meant.

My time in Meridian, Mississippi (haha I love typing that word. It's fun. Try it) started after the long drive from Miami, Florida. After a 12 hour or so drive, which ended in dodging water spouts and flooded roads, landed us at a bar. Good call. Haha. No seriously, my brother, Pat, had a gig. Yea he's a drummer. Sorry ladies he is married. I met up there with my other brother, Nick, and his wife, friend, and Pat's wife.


Great times had by all. Nick ended up leaving early to go back to the house. I went not long after. What?!? I had been driving all day. We spent the next day eating lunch then wishing Nick and his clan good bye. They had already been there a couple of days. That did leave us to venture out.

Our attempt at a serious family photo...

Pat took me to his work. He is an Air Traffic Controller in the Navy. Pretty cool. Not much around there though. I did get to climb the tower and look out onto the air field. When I say air field, it pretty much means a rinky dink air field. I got to see a Navy plane that was crashed by a student.





It was nice to catch up. I hadn't seen Pat and Sheila since their wedding. I miss him most of all because he is just as goofy as me. For being step-brother and sister, we get along like we are blood relatives and I feel that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment