Tuesday, March 6, 2012

LA.....and not Los Angeles....

After the fun in New Orleans, it meant it was time to get down to business. I am back to the wonderful land of Houma, Louisiana. It's been a couple of years since I had been here last. Ironically enough I am in the same hotel. Good ole Fairfield Inn. I was here for a month for the oil spill and now I am down here again for the factory training for my boat. The only thing is, is that I will be here for at least 3 months.

I don't have the room to myself this time though. It's ok cause I am roomed with the one person who is the most like me. We are both very LOUD. Haha. Whatever it works cause we both get along really good. And of course we both drove so we have the most shit packed into one tiny room. It makes it homey. Alot of the other people have a tendency to congregate to our room.

One funny thing about being here is that I got here on Wednesday and left on Sunday. So much for being here for a long time. Me and another guy left here to finally go to the school we had worked so damn hard to get to. We never thought it would finally get there.

Actually we almost didn't. On the ride there the taxi we were riding in almost creamed the back of another car. The lady kept bumping the brakes on the way there and silly me just thought that she was just messing around. Nope. Come to find out that the breaks just didn't work that well, as I found out as we were flying down the road and the car ahead of us decided to slam on it's brakes and turn left. I seriously don't know how this women missed the car but she did. She managed to turn away at the last moment onto the shoulder and missed the other car by an inch. All I kept thinking was "relax the body, relax the body". Because you know, the tenser you are the more the body will hurt.



More on the class to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment