Friday, March 23, 2012

Kinda disappointed right now...

Well today was a little bit of a roller coaster. Last night I couldn't get to bed until late. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't fall asleep. And of course I had to wake up early. I think I got to sleep around midnight then I was back up at 4 am.

The 4 am sucked to wake up to but it was for a really cool thing. Me and one of the guys I work with went to the cutter this morning....in the pouring down rain....and it was basically a severe thunderstorm. Thankfully he drove. I had a hard enough time being coherent that early. I am the cutter's photographer so I kinda felt like it was my duty to go in. I am so glad I did. It felt amazing. I had the feeling like it was my little girl (if I had one) going down the rode on her bike for the first time by herself. I felt so much pride. It was the first real time the ship had left the pier, let alone down the bayou.


The weather was pretty crazy this morning. She still sailed away! That just shows that this is one tough bitch! We were actually the only two from the boat who watch her sail away. Highly disappointed in the rest. This was a big thing and I surely wasn't going to let a little rain and an early time deter me. Plus as she pulled away from the pier, the rain stopped. Perfect timing.

So that ended up being a high, but my low ended my day. I am going to run in the NOLA Mad Dash tomorrow and a friend of the male gender was going to come visit me for the weekend. Almost everyone from the ship is going home (paid trip home for those who are married) and I am stuck here. Well I don't have to stay here per say, but I wanted to stay in New Orleans with him. I found of today that he isn't able to make it because he has training for his new job. Bummer.

Total Bummer. I really wanted to see him. This is the guy who is like 10 years younger than me (but is an ole' soul) and I used to see when I left North Carolina. I really liked him. Oh well maybe another time he can make it here. He got a hold of me later on this evening and said he wanted to see me so that is promising. He lives in Orlando now instead of North Carolina. At least its closer.



No comments:

Post a Comment