Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hola Nola...

I must say that Mardi Gras in New Orleans is definitely an amazing experience. This is one of those places that you have to have an open mind. There is alot of not so normal stuff that goes on here.

Bourbon Street is dirty, nasty, puke on the ground, piss all over kinda place and I love it. It really isn't that bad. Or at least I think. Yeah there is puke in places as well as piss, but not everywhere. Yes it is dirty, but its not like I'm going to lick the ground or anything.

When I say you have to have an open mind, I mean you can't be freaked out by the littlest things. There are all kinds of people. Nudests, free spirits, gays, trannys, old people, dirty old men (and women), people is costumes, and well, pretty much anything you can think of. It is a great place to just get away and be whoever you want to be cause nobody knows you there. And its a party town so that type of behavior is to be expected.








Of course not everything was dirty. I managed to get a pimp ass hotel room just a couple blocks from Bourban Street. The room was huge! It was like a small apartment. It was at the Homewood Inn by Hilton. This room have its own kitchen area with dining room, a huge living room, a bedroom with two queen beds and tons of space, a large closet/sink area and a large bathroom. Oh! And a balcony. Which was great because it overlooked where I parked my truck.

To sum up my experience there...I would say...freaking amazing. I drank, I got beads, saw some parades with really great floats, and kissed a very hot guy at one of the bars. Ok I will explain this one. We (Suzy my sidekick/guardian), went into one of the places to get a drink and one of the guys at the door carded us. Well he made a joke about my license saying Ohio and the next thing I knew one of the other bouncers got in between and was like "I got this one". Haha he was also from Ohio and we got to talking and joking. He was so damn cute I just had to kiss him. It was just on the lips, no tongue. He was amazing kisser. Sparks went through my whole body. 

Of course I moved on after the kiss. Haha. We walked to the end of the street and hung out for awhile and then decided to make our way back to the beginning. Of course when we came up to the bar with Aaron (yea I only got his name) I ran up to him and planted another kiss. What was awesome was that he embraced me. Suzy later told me it looked so touching. Haha. I wore a mask and he only got my name so I am curious to go back up there to see if I can find him again. (sorry no pictures of that)

All in all, it was a great time. There were no fights, just a bunch of people drinking and having a good time. Of course I didn't stay out after 2 am so there might have been some then. Either way it was a great experience.

We were drinking out of fish bowls filled with ALOT of Tequila

My huge ass beer


No comments:

Post a Comment