Saturday, January 14, 2012

That's not the only thing chapped...

So my lips got a little chapped being in the cold. I kinda figured that. What I didn't expect was the walking. On my last night there, we all decide to go to get a cheese steak. We all decide to walk because it was only suppose to be a little over a mile. We did debate on taking a cab, but I made the smart ass comment saying we have to run a mile and a half, whats a mile walking going to hurt. My famous last words.

We start walking, at little off course but no biggie. What sucked is that those leading the way are alot taller than me and walk twice as fast as me. Now the other issue I was having was that I have felt a little bloated and my jeans were kinda tight. So tight that I couldn't lift my legs too high and definitely could do anything more than a half jog.

So we finally get to Jim's Steaks, after a quick detour to the liberty bell and then a photo stop. The photo stop was funny because after we took the picture I noticed that one person in our group was missing. The Chief decided to walk off and not tell anyone. When we started walking again without him, he popped out of some bushes. Weird. Totally weird.

Ok back to the main story. We eat the most amazing cheese steaks ever. They had autographs up on the walls which was cool. Except for a really cheesy one of Bruce Willis. I wish I would have taken a picture of it because words cannot describe the corniness of it. There was an Irish pub right down the road so we walk to that next. My problems came to light there. After sitting down for a while, I noticed my feet were extremely sore, as were my thighs.

After some time and well after half of the group left, the remaining hooligans left. Of course we walk all the way back. More than a mile. By the time I got back up to my room I was almost limping and felt I rubbed all the jean material off my inner legs. I will admit I have gotten some extra "padding" here lately, but damn! I start to undress and I notice my toes are bleeding. One toenail was digging into my other toe and since I wore boots, my toes had now where to go except into each other. Lastly, I ended up rubbing the hell out of my thunder thighs. So now I have a scab on my toe and chapped thighs. All because I quit smoking and slacked off on working out. Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment