Monday, January 2, 2012

The end of day one...

In all honesty I was going to post a rant earlier but decided to wait untill the day was done. I'm glad I did. In a matter of a few hours my feelings have changed. At first I was going to post how it sucked that none of my friends pulled threw and came with me and left me to come to the bowl game in Jacksonville all by myself. Yeah that much hasn't changed, but I  feel much better about it now. While sitting at the bar tonight at the hotel I managed to make great conversation with quite a few awesome people.

I got to have a lengthy conversation with 3 older men that were just as sweet as can be. We talked about football, friends, family and they bought me a few drinks. Two of the best moments were when I jokingly gave each one a different name. You had to just be here to understand the hilariousness of it. The second was listening to them argue over football. I also got to meet a guy who played with the Buckeyes from 1991-93  and got to see the championship ring that he wore. Totally awesome. We are going to meet up tomorrow sometime and tailgate.

There were also a few other really awesome people I spoke with. It really put things in perspective for me. It really didn't matter that my friends bailed on me because I took a chance and went anyways and found that I can meet friends anywhere and have a pretty spectacular time anywhere I go. It is amazing what a few hours and a really cool personality can do.

I will say that I invited that guy I was talking to, to go to the game again and he pretty much turned it down. Sorry buddy but that was my last ditch effort and you blew it.  I won't be contacting him again. And after the time I had tonight, you're losing out big time. 

I'm excited for what tomorrow will bring. I got a pimp ass hotel room over looking the water and tickets to see the Buckeyes. What more can a girl ask for, other than the water taxi I'm taking to the game tomorrow. Cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment