Monday, January 23, 2012

In reserve...

I think I am going to become a part-time reservist. Haha. I had so much fun going out on the boat with them. Plus one of them always wants to get underway and so do I so it makes things much easier. I think that I will start hanging out at the station on their reserve weekend just so I don't have to bother the duty crew if I want to go out on the boat.

There was alot of funny moments on the boat. The best was when I burped and I was like "Mmm smells like Red Bull" (I had one on the way there so that made sense) then one of the guys in the front seat said "Huh. Tastes like Red Bull, OH MY GOD!!! I just tasted your burp!" haha. That was on the first trip. Another funny one was when the guy driving back needed help navigating. It was night time and we were nearing down town Miami so there was alot of background lights. At one point I told him his red flasher (an aid to navigation that has a red light that flashes) is off to his right a little bit ahead of us. He kept saying "Are you sure? It seems too far away." I said "Yes of course I'm sure. You see the correct one right?" He said that he thought so but its seems very high up. At that point I noticed what he saw. I then informed him that what he was looking at was a radio antenna and so of course it was going to be high. Do de dooo. haha.

I also met a couple of reservists who I haven't seen before. They had the pleasure of riding with me on the second day in the morning. Haha. What a good way to introduce myself by taking them off shore. Ok so let me lay it down for you first: the nearest exit to the ocean (offshore) is through an inlet called Government Cut. Alot of cruise ships and other boats/ships go through there. Its very busy and surrounded by jettys (large rock formations that extend in a line). Its usually very choppy an rough on the way through, think of a washing machine. Its only that way right there, once your through your fine. Either way I like driving the 25 (a 25 foot boat) out the inlet. Super fun for me, 4 foots waves and yada yada, I think you get the idea. Anyways I drive out in my normal fashion of jumping the waves and landing fairly smoothly. All in all it was a blast for me. Everyone enjoyed it, even the guy who kept saying he was sitting on his balls and every wave hurt like hell. Haha. Well later on in the day I got one of the girls to open up and she said she was terrified! haha. Nobody has ever taken her out in that. She was confident in me but stated that she is a fair weather crewman. Silly girl, your in the Coast Guard even if it is the reserves.....

I also managed to drive past one of the guys I work with apartment building. I proceeded to set off the siren and make as much noise as possible when going by. He heard it and didn't know what the hell was going on. Haha. I also drove past a boat with what appeared a guy and a topless girl. I was like "Is that a girl driving without her top?!?" Then one of the people told me it was a guy not a girl. Wow. I either need to get my eyes checked or that guy needs to grow some hair on his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment