Friday, January 13, 2012

I am Ted Mosby.

Ok so I told a friend I would write this a while ago. If you have never watched How I Met Your Mother, shame on you. I freakin love that show. I can relate to a couple of the characters (hence the reason for this blog) and also the other characters on the show relate to my friends. I know who my Barney is, Lily and Marshal, and that leaves Robin and Ted.

After watching a few shows with an open mind (meaning I was a little alcoholed up and a little lonely) and I realized I am Ted Mosby. My previous post on The Hopeless Romantic kinda solidified that. For those who haven't seen the show, Ted is a guy who falls in love with the first girl who shows him any attention. Of course when this relates to me, I am talking about guys. Please keep that in mind. He is a hopeless romantic who keeps searching for that "one". He has a bad tendency to think that every girl he meets is the "one". Haha. And thats where I can relate. Its like "Here you go! Here's my heart" then "Awww" (Thats me after he turned it down), next guy comes around and  "Here you go! Here's my heart" then "Awww". Yup vicious cycle.

I got into the discussion about it to a friend and she agreed, but thought I that I am also Robin. The thing is  that I am very much like Robin. Hard headed, rough and tough, pretty much one of the guys, and puts up a hard front but secretly wants what every girl wants. A marriage, kids, white picket fence. That is so true. But deep down I am Ted. I just don't show it to many people.

I saw an episode the other day that surprised me because I finished one of Ted's comments. Totally freaked me out! It was Season 7, Episode 1"The Best Man" I'll insert the conversation between him and Robin.


Ted: I used to believe in destiny you know? I’d go to the bagel place, see a pretty girl in line, reading my favorite novel, whistling the song that’s been stuck in my head all week and I'd think “Wow. Hey maybe she’s the one”. Now I think “I just know that bitch is going to take the last whole wheat everything bagel.”

Robin: You’ve just been focused on work

Ted: No, it’s more than that. I stopped believing. Not in some depressed I’m going to cry during my toast way. Not in a way I even noticed until tonight. It's just every day I think I believe a little less and a little less and a little less and that........sucks. What do I do about that Scherbatsky?


Robin: Your Ted Mosby, you start believing again.

Ted: In what? Destiny?

Robin: Chemistry. You should have chemistry. You only need one other thing.

Ted: What’s that?

Robin: Timing.  But timing’s a bitch.

I answered the "sucks" part. Haha. Well enough about me, I mean Ted. You get the point. Just do me a favor and watch an episode. 


1 comment:

  1. When I watch a TV show I know I can see a little of myself in each person. The bitch, the lover, the geek, the bully, and the (insert). I can never see myself in just one character because maybe I don't know who I am yet. How I Met Your Mother is a great show even though I have only seen it a couple of times. And there is nothing wrong with giving your heart as long as if it doesn't work out you can pick up the pieces quickly to find "the one".

    ReplyDelete