Friday, February 3, 2012

Well...crap...that was over dramatic...

Oops. I made a total ass of myself (yet again) by being over dramatic. Recently a guy at work had a baby girl. She's the cutest little thing and always smiles. Well, at least in the pictures I have seen.

So anyways, back to the story. The lead up to this is that I have been officially smoke free for just over 3 weeks. I told a friend, whom I also work with, that he can slap the ever loving shit out of me if he sees me smoking. Total Marshall and Barney style (How I Met Your Mother reference).

 So this guy gives me a cigar. I start to freak out "WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME THIS!! NO!! I DON'T WANT THIS!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!?!" Very over dramatic. In the mean time everyone is staring at me, totally speechless, and the guy was like "Uh, Ok, I will take it back" The other people started to come out of shock and said "Wow, that was kinda un-called for". I then realized the cigar that he tried to give me had a wrapper on it that said "IT'S A GIRL" written in pink.

Yup, I'm an ass. I felt soooooo bad. I apologized for a good 30 minutes and explained that I didn't realize why he was giving me the cigar and I thought he was trying to sabotage me. I told him I felt like a total ass and would be very honored if he would give me the cigar again. Thankfully he just laughed and said he understood and gave me a cigar. Not going to smoke it though, but it's the thought that counts.


No comments:

Post a Comment