Friday, February 17, 2012

Always something to do...

I am busier than a rabbit in heat. I will be headed out for another great adventure tomorrow morning. I will be spending a couple of days in Mississippi with my brothers then a couple of days partying in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Oh yeah, you read that right MARDI GRAS!!! I got a sweet hotel only a couple of blocks down from Canal Street. Gonna be a good time!

But in preparation for leaving I have been running all over the place getting shit handled. Haha. I was suppose to take it easy this week. Oh well, I would much rather get everything I needed done than not. One of my many tasks was to shoot at the range and qualify. Well I can finally say that today I did. It has been a lllloooooonnnngggg time that I have been trying to get this damn qual. Stupid handgun. I will stick to my rifle and shotgun.

Another great thing was that I went for a run and surpassed my goal. My goal was to beat the mile in a half in 15 minutes. The closest I had gotten was 15:09. Which was really good for me, but I haven't been able to get close to that again. This time I ran it in 14:31!!! Amazing right! And to think I almost didn't run that day. I was being lazy but I finally said screw it and ran because I would just regret that I didn't run.

Well, I know this one was kinda boring, but I don't have anything interesting. Just trying to finish up with Miami. I will let you know how Mississippi and Louisiana are.

OH! I just thought of something. When I was shooting, the instructor and I kept trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I got to practice a little bit before I shot for score. The first round of scoring I got a 169 (har har 69) and I need a 187 (yes I know, that's not a cop joke). For the next round I just said fuck it and I was just going to shoot to shoot. I asked GOD for a little help and just focused on nothing. I didn't concentrate on the target other than setting the front and rear sites. And I also sang a special little song to myself.....in my head of course...

You know on Finding Nemo, how Dory sings "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" Your totally moving back and forth aren't you? It's ok. I am too. Anyways I was saying "just have fun, just have fun" in the same tone. Haha yeah I'm retarded but it worked for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment