Monday, February 6, 2012

Its only five feet away...

Not much new here. Back to work. Good weekend, all in all. I decided to stay home and watch the Super Bowl. It was much easier to drink and not have to worry about getting home.

See! I am making smarter decisions! Of course I also missed out on a lot, but oh well.

Today I got to sleep in. We didn't have to go to work until 2 hours later. I was going to get up early anyways and go for a jog but it was pouring down rain. That was fine by me. My bed wasn't ready to get rid of me yet.

I went for my evening run as planned. What wasn't planned was the fact that I lost my apartment key. I figured that one out when I got to my door. Thankfully the room mates were home so they let me in. After a quick search with negative results, I decided to trace my steps.

Which meant a possible 1.5 mile re-step. I started out around the apartment building first. I figured I would have lost it either at the very beginning or the end of my run. Didn't find it around the building.

 So that meant I walked my 1.5 mile route. All the way down and all the way back, with a few double checks. All this time my knee and hip are giving major issues because I hadn't stretched out yet. I bet I looked like a sweaty homeless person who was hit by a car at some point.

It is now getting dark and start to walk back and prepare myself mentally for the trip to the store to make a spare. As I am walking I stopped near my room mate's motorcycle to check on it and I hear a "tink, tink". I look down at my foot and see that I had just kicked my key.

I totally walked by it, not only once but twice. What was awesome was the fact that I was only five feet away from where I started. 1.5 mile walk for nothing other than a few awkward looks from the neighbors.

Totally going to log a 3 mile workout for today. Thank you very much....


No comments:

Post a Comment