Monday, February 13, 2012

Next.....

So I went to get my concealed carry permit today. That was an adventure for sure. I was in the waiting room with some real characters.

There were 3 shady looking people sitting in the corner talking about if it had been at least 3 years since they had last been arrested. There was an older woman beside me with the biggest cankles I had ever seen. And of course there was me, with my black eye.

I go back and do my paperwork and the lady turns to me and says "time to take your picture". Oh crap. I said "Really? Can you just take my picture from one of my other id's?" She said "Oh, no honey, I'm so sorry but I have to take your picture. Do you have any makeup that you want to try to cover it up?"

At this point nobody had even asked me what had happened or even questioned the thought of a woman with a black eye coming in for a permit to conceal a gun. Only in Miami.

I told the lady that I got the bruise by being hit by a frisbee and no amount of makeup it going to cover it up and look natural. I had might as well take the picture how I was. It would make for a funny story when someone actually looked at the permit.

This is basically what my picture will look like on my permit, with a different background of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment