Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So I usually don't care...

Ok so this may sound bad, but I usually don't care when someone dies (unless it's like close family). I may sound heartless, but it's the way of life. You come in to this world and eventually you have to leave it. Sometimes it's sooner than later or for some just not soon enough.

I was actually really upset to hear about the passing of Michael Clarke Duncan. I read Stephen King's "The Green Mile" and loved it. This was before the movie ever came out.  I loved the book. I am a huge Stephen King fan. They way he described John Coffey in the book is exactly the way Michael Clarke Duncan looked like. Or at least that's how I imagined it. I had never heard of Mr. Duncan before so when I saw the first preview for the movie I knew in an instant that he was the one playing John Coffey. I swear I think Stephen King wrote the book for Mr. Duncan.



I also really like this particular actor because just by looking at him, he made you want to smile. He almost always had the biggest happiest smile on his face. You couldn't help but smile back. I really am going to miss seeing him.

World, you lost a great man. Heaven, you gained a rather large but gentle angel. God, thank you for making him and blessing us with his presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment