Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well that sounds better....

Well after all the money I spent on getting really good steel strings for my guitar, I found that everything still sounded like shit. And that wasn't just me. The 1st string (e string) just sounded really pitchy. After some investigating I found out that the acoustic guitar that I bought is actually a classical acoustic. Which probably all sounds like jibberish to you. Anyways it boils down to the fact that steel strings aren't really the best type of strings for that particular guitar. I actually needed nylon strings.


These are the BOMB!
Well after a quick order I was able to get nylon strings and they sound soooooo much better. I have been holding off on learning new chords and songs because everything sounded funky (and not the good funky). YAY! Just in time too because the boat is going to drydock to get the engine replaced. We will be there for a month so now I will have something to do when I get bored on the boat or in the hotel.

I have learned how to play the riffs for "Another One Bites The Dust", "Smoke On The Water", and "Hang On Sloopy" and I can play "Happy Birthday". I'm ready to move on to more. I really need to sit down and learn what all the chords are but I am so damn impatient that I just want to play songs. Haha. Guess I need to pace myself a little more.

Well wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment