Monday, June 25, 2012

F you and the shit storm you came in on...

Ok so today really wasn't that bad. Alot of chaos but that is "ops normal". Haha. Today started off leaving Opa Locka with the jam packed van and heading to the storage container. I no sooner got into the van and the XO calls he to tell me the delivery truck is there waiting to get in. Not much I could do except to tell him I will be there as soon as I could. Half an hour later I show up to the gate. I go to unlock it and find out the lock has been changed. That's news to everyone. Nice to know that no one knew the combo, even the Comsta (the location of the storage). I finally get in after a shit ton of phone calls. The trucker unloads and leaves. Leaving us with no pallet jack. Great. We also set off the alarm and had to make more phone calls to get the code for that.

We get the alarm all settled and borrow a pallet jack from the Comsta and do our business. We can't find half the shit we came to get. In the mean time the boat had a fire in the galley. Craziness all around. As I am making my way back with the van, I am almost at to Key West when I hear a loud thumping. Great. What did I break now? I pull over and investigate. Everything looks fine until I look at the windshield. The rubber seal is halfway off. I put it back and a few ways down the road it comes out again. I pull back over and grab some rope and tie some knots around the seal and rig it down in the door jam. I stopped that sucker from flapping in the wind.



Typical BM solution. Whatever it worked. After everything is unloaded they told me I could go back to the hotel. Thank God they didn't make me stand duty. I don't  think I could have handled it tonight. On my to the hotel, I swing by Office Max to pick up my order. They only had one of the things I ordered. They said someone already picked up the other stuff. Um thats news to me seeing as though I placed the order and no one told me they picked it up. Whatever I will figure it out tomorrow.

As I am leaving the parking lot I see one of the guys with some cops outside one if the other stores.I pull up to see if he needs any help. He tells me "Nope. I just found my bike that was stolen from the hotel." Holy shit. He was trying to get a picture that he had before to prove it was his. This was the second time his bike had been stolen. He just happened to need a razor and saw it sitting outside another store. Damn. Crazy day for everyone.

There is never a dull moment for the Etheridge crew. I'm glad to be back. I feel calmer amongest the craziness. I guess it just reassures that I am not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment