Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Busy Hiatus...

Whew! I am back, at this for this post. To say I have been busy would be an understatement. We finally got our Cutter and it's been hella crazy since!

I left Saturday morning to head to Key West. I almost didn't make it. About 71 miles to where I needed to end, my truck broke down! I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma with less than 30,000 miles so that should not happen. I started off the morning by leaving Miami at 4am. My truck broke just outside of Islamorada around 6am.

Not the best start to the morning. I was an hour ahead of the next person. He did pick me up along the way so I guess thats good.

That's a belt wrapped around my fan

Of course there is a reason why I left as early as I did. I had to be at the Sector before the cutter got there because it was my job to take pictures of it coming in. It was a big deal. So I was stressed that that I wouldn't make it.

So I left my poor baby on the side of the road and hitched a ride to Key West. I spent most of the day between figuring out how I was going to get my truck to Key West and working my ass off on the boat. I did make it to the pier in time to take some awesome pictures.




During the progression of the day, I was able to make some calls about my truck. It was looking like I would have to pay around $400 to get my truck towed to the Toyota dealership in Key West. I wanted to get it there because it had to be under warranty and I didn't know how much damaged it had. Thankfully one of the guys I work with has AAA so he was able to get my truck towed for free. The only bad thing was that we had to wait until the end of the work day (around 7 pm) to drive over an hour back to my truck to meet the tow truck driver. Then of course we had to follow him all the way back. After all was said and done and after dropping the truck off at the dealership it was midnight before we got back to the boat.

Of course it was Memorial Day weekend so the dealership was closed until Tuesday. They were able to look at it and determine that it was only the serpentine belt and no other damage was done. I could have the truck back that day and pay for an aftermarket part or wait till Friday and have warranty pay for it. I didn't really need my truck till this weekend so warranty it was. 

I got so lucky and I've very thankful. That could have cost me ALOT of money, but only ended up paying with a little stress and less sleep. I'll take that over paying a ton of money! I am so glad I have the people that are around me. I got a lift to Key West, free towing, storage in their vehicles for my crap and a ride here and there around town. But most of all I am thankful for their support.

Sunset of the back of the boat in Key West

Ok. So there is alot more of this past weeks events to post ,but honestly I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I will try to post more in the morning while I can.




More to come:
  • Achy breaky legs
  • My cups now.
  • No signal, no internet
  • Giggle fit at a police officer
  • So much to do with so little time
  • I'm gonna be famous (at least picture wise)
  • Home for less than 24 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment