Saturday, June 9, 2012

And.....Breath....

Holy crap that was the longest week ever! I worked myself to the bone ever day. The earliest I managed to get to bed was midnight. I had a lot to do in just a very short amount of time. I did it though.

We had drills this week as well as a group of people here to watch and grade us on how well the cutter is running operations wise. Since it is hurricane season, the command wanted to get the "ok" from the big wigs for us to get underway in case we need to avoid a storm. Normally we wouldn't get the opportunity to get underway for another couple weeks. We just took delivery of the cutter not long ago. The whole crew had a lot to do. We are still loading stuff on and figuring out where it goes and getting things in some sort of order.

I worked almost non stop to get all of my things in order. The command was impressed on how I got all of my charts corrected along with the rest of my duties. I just did the best I could. I gave it all until I hit that wall and couldn't do it anymore. After alot of sweat and a little blood, we are all set to get underway if needed.

We still have alot to do. I still have ALOT of things to learn. One of my jobs during drills is being an "Investigator". That means I pretty much have to learn my boat from bow to stern in a small amount of time. Haha go figure.

Today I spent most of my time in the rack. I am worn out. My feet have finally stopped hurting and I am finally relaxing. Whew. I think most of the late nights are over for a while. I wish I could find the words to explain all of the things I got to do and see. Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures. I haven't had my phone on me because I have been sweating so much. I also don't usually have internet access. I'm bumming off of one of the guy's right now. Since this week should be alittle slower I will try posting from my phone.

Sunset off the stern of the cutter, Key West Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment