Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nothing says "I love me" like...

Nothing says "I love me" like new ink. I finally got my tattoo. It was a long time coming. It is an addition on my ankle tattoo. I get a tattoo every time I advance. The start of it was an anchor when I made Third Class in 2007. So since I made Second Class I got to add on to it. Here is what I drew up:


Not too shabby if I don't say so. It means alot to me. I fought hard to get where I am and always kept my eye on the prize. So a dagger with an eye makes sense. That and it fit with my anchor idea.

I was able to get an appointment in New Orleans with NOLA Tattoo. It was one of the first places I actually tried to get into for the past couple of weeks. When I called this time they set me up with a time that worked perfect with my schedule (and no tweaks).

The whole crew went up to New Orleans today to tour the CG Cutter Eagle and go to the World War II Museum. That was actually pretty cool. The Eagle was there for fleet week. Its an interesting ship. The museum was good as well. I had been there before so I pretty much seen everything before. There was an exhibit for 9/11 that they are starting up. That was a tear jerker.


Then it was on to the good stuff. My tattoo! Whoop whoop! I am so happy. I am so addicted to tatts and I finally got my fix. It so happened that Leslie, the artist, is married to a Coastie. A BM1 in fact. Haha. Everything just seemed to fall into place and just work out. I needed that.

Leslie with NOLA Tattoo


Final outcome
Close up




















No comments:

Post a Comment