Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ralph...

So we left Miami to avoid the storm. All I can say is we headed North for awhile. Talk about a rough trip. It was 6-8 foot seas off shore. That was the worse trip I have taken for awhile. I was puking almost every other hour. I counted 5 times. Uh. Its been awhile since I have been in seas like that. It wasn't just me that was sick so that made me feel a little better about the situation.

There were quite a few people that were queasy . It didn't help me that I had a cup of nasty coffee before and tried to smoke a cigarette. Yeah, not a good idea. I made it through the day and my watch. The seas were calmer this morning. Now we are moored in a safe, more sheltered area so hopefully the storm will pass quickly and we will have a calmer ride from here on out.

At least I will have a couple days to let my stomach settle and my abs to stop being sore. Then its off to the big blue yonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment