Sunday, August 19, 2012

Finally I am winning....

So after what seemed like forever...Things are finally starting to go my way. Wednesday I finally passed at the range. I went to just shoot the rifle and worry about the pistol qual later. I had to wait forever to actually shoot. They ended up doing mine at lunch. I shot the rifle and I was one point off from a perfect score. Yup. I blew it away (literally). I said that since I was on a roll, could I shoot the pistol. The guy was like "sure". I qualified on the first go round and got my highest score ever. Wednesday was just my day for winning.



Since the boat was already underway without me, the cutter boat came out to get me. I felt like a VIP. Haha. That night we ran night drills with the boat and I still had my good luck and notched the cutter boat at night with perfection. Man I love days like that.

The only hiccup I had was that I couldn't get out of my parking area that morning. The gate wouldn't open. Thankfully I had gone to bed in a good mood and it carried over to the morning. I ended up getting out by hopping the curbs to get to the next parking area and someone opened that gate for me. Normally it would have pissed me off, but as I was waiting for someone to come out, I put on my MP3 player and Sak Noel's "Loca People" came on. If you haven't heard it you are SOO missing out. Either way it made me laugh.

Thanks to me qualifying at the range, we were able to pass the evaluation we had on Friday. It was winning that lasted the rest of the week. I got the whole weekend off to just relax and recharge. We got another busy week this week but then it's all operational from there. 



1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a truck to jump the curb! Congrats on your quals! :)

    ReplyDelete