Sunday, January 13, 2013

Still In Florida...

So Friday I had duty and I was STILL waiting on my orders. The 11th was suppose to be the last day for priority 1-3 to get them according to the BM timeline posted a while back. So since I had yet to get them I decided to look up that message again to see if maybe I had mistaken the date. As I was looking at the message board I saw I message from the 9th that all priority 1-3 BM orders have been completed and those who didn't receive their orders yet should contact their AO (assignment officer) immediately. Not good.

So I went down to talk to the XO and show him the message. He called the AO and was like "WTF?" After a few "Uh huh, yes, ok, I see" he hung up the phone. XO turned to me and stated that the AO has had my orders done for a while and just forgot to release them! SERIOUSLY!!!

Anyways, I get to stay in Sunny Florida. I got my #11 Station Port Canaveral. Not quite what I was hoping for. I mean it was my #1 station, but I really needed to get an ATON unit for my career. A buoy tender would have been perfect because I would have gotten my sea time and ATON experience all at once. I guess the Coast Guard doesn't believe in "two birds, one stone". I am glad I got a station though. I really wanted to work on my pursuit and tactical coxswain. At the station I can do that. Plus they have 3 RBS (response boat small 25ft) which is the boat I have always loved and actually got my first coxswain qual on.

BUT at least it isn't Miami anymore! UH, I am so over this town! I can't  stand the way people are here. There is just too many people with too many attitudes. I will only be a couple of hours from here so I can still visit if I want. But I'm excited to see what Cape Canaveral brings. I should go on a field trip when I get back from patrol. Just to see how it all is. I was only there briefly when we evacuated for that one hurricane. I really didn't get to see too much.

So I guess we shall see how things go. I will have alot to think about when I get there. If I should stay a second the whole time so I have a better change at getting an ATON unit or advancing and taking a change. Only time will tell. My horoscope said that this will be an awesome year for me. Let's hope it's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment