Sunday, April 7, 2013

What did the fast tomato say to the slow tomato?

Ketchup! Haha so this is my catch-up post. See what I did there? I have alot of exciting things about to happen to me so I have to get up to date. So this might be a long one....

So the boat is finally fixed. We are finally done with Rybovich Marina...at least for now.... We were finally able to go out for some patrols. That was an experience! We got two big migrant cases. I also got to start breaking in underway OOD! Exciting, exciting. So first the migrant cases. I'm not sure how much I am actually allowed to write, but seeing as this is more for me than anybody...I put whatever I damn well please. Haha. So the first one was a call about a broken down boat. When we got there, near Bimini/Bahamas, there were alot of people on a small boat. Basically each person had just over a foot of room. And only two life jackets. So as soon as we got them on the cutter, it started to pour down rain. Good thing we got them because they probably would have died. One of them almost did because of hypothermia. So I got the fist security watch. It was kinda comical. I was protective because on one side we had the two smugglers and the guy needing medical treatment. Our EMT was there helping the guy and I was making sure the two guys stayed put and didn't try to overtake her. At one point one of the guys started to get up. I asked him "What are you doing?" He pointed over to the inner side of the deck and mentioned he was getting wet. I very sternly told him "No. Sit down. If I have to get wet, you have to get wet."  The other guy on security started to laugh and was like that was awesome. The other smuggler just kinda giggled. Well he got it too because just shortly after that, the boat leaned to the other side and all the water that was collecting on the gun mount cover ended up smacking him directly in the face. Then it was my time to giggle. The one guy never looked at me for the rest of the trip. Haha. I'm such a bitch.


The second migrant case was a two part. The first part was lame because we just took migrants from another FRC. But later on that night we got a call from a cruise saying they picked up two people on a broken down boat. They also tried to sneak in. Haha gotcha. What was entertaining about the FRC transferred migrants was that one of them decided to eat a bolt. Yeah, a bolt. Evidently he worked one loose some where and ate it. Let's just say that by the time he got on board our boat he was hurting and regretting that decision. The doc that came with them said he just had to wait and let it "pass" haha.

Also during the first part (or second, I can't remember cause it all blends) we went to Sector Jacksonville to work their area because one of their cutters were down. We did our patrol thing, boarded some boats, punched holes through the water and eventually moored up. We moored up near the place we did for hurricane evacuation. What was cool was that some of the guys from Station Port Canaveral stopped over. I showed them the boat and they gave me the low down on the station. Yup, its a station. Good all drama. Haha It's normal, but they told me the command has been waiting for a female with some authority to set some non-rates in their place. Awesome. I told them that when I'm not being a bitch, I'm being an asshole. Haha they laughed and said the command will love me. Haha. Only a couple more months...and here I come!

Before the patrol I was busy busy. I finally got to see the Kugel-bean! I gave my friends a week to let everything kinda calm down and then I went to go see the baby. OMG Hunter totally stole my heart! There was one point where I was holding him and he started to get kinda fussy so I sang the Muppet song Mahna Mahna  and he stopped fussing. I told him "Hunter, you and me are going to get along just fine." and he smiled! Damn kid brought a tear to my eye! Yup, he stole my heart.


Tonneau Cover


I have also did some truck mods. Yeah, sexy beast got some updates. First off, after months of sitting in my back seat, I finally installed my tonneau cover. After install, re-install (cause I goofed), and about an hour worth of drilling holes by hand cause my drill sucks ass.... 3 hours later.... I finally got my tonneau cover on. ALL BY MYSELF!!!! Yeah, I'm the shit. On another day I installed new headlight assemblies and a new third brake light. My baby is really looking good.

After

Before




Third Brake Light

I also added some excitement to my apartment. The first was a new beta fish. I named him Kevin. I really missed Pete, the other beta I had. So I decided to get another. Regrettably, he doesn't seem to like me as much as Pete did. Yeah, I know its a fish. Pete used to swim towards me when ever I came close, this guy doesn't seem to care I exist. Well maybe he will change his mind.

Kevin

Planks
Sails
I also ended up getting two kittens. Kinda on accident. I was wanting to get a cat so I had some company here but could also take care of it's self when I'm gone. (I'm still a huge dog fan at heart, but I just can't take care of one right now). i intended on getting an older cat so he would know the deal. But these two male kittens caught my heart. They are only two months old! I had to get both. This way they can entertain each other and keep each other company when I'm gone. Thankfully they are the most well behaved two month olds I have ever seen. As soon as I brought them home I put them in the litter box and said here is where you shit. I showed them where the food and water was and then let them explore. After a few days I had duty so I left them home alone for over 24 hours. When I came home I was pleasantly surprised to see everything was pretty much where I left it and no messes! So shocked!



So when I got the kittens, I was on leave. I went up to Cape Canaveral to try to find some place to live. Well that was not as hopeful as I wanted. I went and looked at a few places, but nothing really worked. So that leads into my next BIG adventure. I am taking the beginning of this week off to go back up to Cape Canaveral to ....look at....houses....to....BUY! Yeah, BUY! Holy shit I am terrified! That is a HUGE commitment. I know it's the right decision, but its scary all the same. I will leave this conversation about the house as it stands right now because I want to make a separate post about it. Just know that I am all crazy emotioned up and pray that I make good choices!

Also I was in the Coast Guard Blog. Haha I had it out with some retard that made a stupid comment. Well I'll let you read it for yourself. But yeah, send me whatever you want me to autograph and I will. haha I'm famous bitches!



                                                         Click HERE for the Facebook link


                                                      Or HERE for the CG Compass Blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment