Friday, February 22, 2013

My Fifteenth Tattoo...

They just keep getting better and better. I have found my tattoo place here in Florida. Chris Slota at Rock-A-Billy in Lauderhill, is OUT-freakin-STANDING. I give him an idea and he delivers! And his prices are really awesome for the work that he does.

So back to the tattoo...This one means alot to me like every other one I have. Haha. Each part has its own story. So I will give you the low down...


The simplest way is to start with the roses (since they kinda have a similar story behind them). So the first rose is a "George Burns Rose". I had it (and the other one) back when I lived in Ohio. Here's a pic of the rose in real life:
Close up

Every bloom is different
















I have this rose because growing up, George Burns was my idol. Yeah I was a weird kid. But he always looked at life and made the best out of it and he was hell bent on having a good time. He once said that he was 90 something years old and he was going to drink and smoke as much as he wanted and nobody was going to stop him. He lived his whole life doing what he wanted and didn't care what anyone thought. He must have been doing something right seeing as though he lived to be 100! Not that I want to live that long, but I want to have the same youthful spirit as he did. And I think I do.

The second rose is a "Ronald Reagan Rose". Yes you guessed it I had that rose bush also and yes he was another idol growing up. You're so damn smart.



I love the story about Ronald. He was such an awesome guy. He was different from George Burns, but he still struck a cord with me. To briefly describe his past, I would say I can't. He did so much in his life. The two main things that stuck with me the most was how he stood up for people and his love for his wife Nancy. Back in the days before he joined politics...bare with me here it might get boring, but it's important to me.... he was an actor. He saw how everyone was being treated unfairly and he spoke up for everyone. He always had a way of speaking and everyone just listened and couldn't help but like the guy. After improving on the worklife of actors, he moved on to politics..yada yada yada... Deep down the hopeless romantic in me (which I usually keep locked up with a armed guard) has fallen in love with the relationship between him and Nancy. He loved her SO much. He was always writing her love notes. It's just unbelievable how much one man can love his "girl".

And finally the middle: the compass.

So growing up, another one of my idols was the guy who invented the compass. Haha. Nah I'm just fucking with you. It symbolizes that I may not always know where I am headed, and most of the time it's all over the place, but I always manage to get exactly where I am supposed to be. Simple as that. I left the design of the compass up to Chris and this is what he came up with. I really like it. You can't really tell by this picture but it's kinda angled. And I really love the nautical star.

I am really surprised it stands out just as much as the roses do. That's a whole lot of color going on in just a small amount of area. That's just the way I like it.





Done by Chris Slota at Rock-A-Billy Tattoos in Lauderhill, FL
Lower right arm (inner)


**On a side note, I want to thank my two unlikely idols (as a girl growing up). You may be gone, but you're with me always.**



No comments:

Post a Comment