Friday, February 15, 2013

Just another manic Monday...


I'm so glad it's Friday. I was having a crappy/stressful week.  Monday I had the OOD and shit hit the fan. Of course. We had the computer systems go down, the a/c go down, divers, technicians all over the place and people taking shit apart. XO granted liberty early so I mostly had the boat to myself. The computers got fixed. The a/c got a band aide. The band aide was a portable a/c unit near the bow with piping down a hatch. Whatever, it works. But the biggest pain in my ass was the red gear technicians. They needed more of the piping off then what was secured. So I had to give the Senior Chief a call and made sure it was ok then started to shut off some valves. I thought I had most of them but some of the engineers came back to pick some stuff up and they helped out. Only they didn't have all the valves secured.

So as the guys are starting to take pipes off, Senior appeared and started securing breakers to the engine. So I had alarms going off and water spraying all over. Come to find out a couple of the valves that needed secured, well they don't close all the way. I'm down there (already covered in grease) with a crow-bar trying to close it with as much pressure as I could. Well after alot of water flooding the bildge, and searching for some wooden plugs, the techs put one of the check valves on to stop the flow. Uhhh busy night!

Tuesday afternoon I had to run all the way down to Sector to grab the full dress bag for the boat and all the crap in shipping and receiving. That was a pain. Then I found out that Amanda (my friend that was on the boat but then got pregnant) was at the hospital in labor. I tried to go visit, but she didn't want any company. I understood. As I was making my way back up to West Palm on Wednesday morning, I got a text saying that she had her baby at 4 that morning. Poor thing was in labor 24 hours. Aww. I'm gonna try to swing by next week and say "hi" and take a look at the little fella.


Then because alot of people had firefighting school, those who didn't had to stand extra duty. I was the OOD on Monday and then JOOD on Wednesday. Wednesday duty was alittle better, but it felt like I was on a "port and report" schedule. Thursday morning I woke up and had to drive all the way down to Sector for a dental appt. I get there and have to wait almost a half an hour before they get me in there. After they said I needed to get a cleaning before they could fill the rest of my cavities. Haha that's when things got interesting. The Doc asked if I had made an appointment  and I sad no. She started to give me some flack about it and I just flat out told her there was a reason that I haven't made an appointment. I told her that I wouldn't unless I absolutely had to and that there is no reason why I should be forced to have my mouth ripped apart for a so called cleaning. We got into a conversation about it and her and the assistant said they never she Rosie (the woman who cleans your teeth, aka Rosie the Ripper). They go some where else. So after talking and joking around with me they talked to her and fit me in for a cleaning. This time it wasn't so bad. She must have gotten her pee-pee stomped on. She put some numbing topical on my gums multiple times and apologizes when she poked a little too hard and was actually fairly gentle. Usually I'm walking out of there with tears in my eyes. I have a high pain tolerance so that's saying something!

So when today rolled around I was so glad to have it off! I went to the store and stocked up for my visit with my BFF. And so it begins..... YAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Damm girl. Sounds like you are ready for at least 1 day of sta. NY ood lmao. Good to know that all that training in the engineer ways is paying off. Good to hear that your bff was down there helping with your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have been proud of me Manny. The MKCS was there and said "Damn, you would make one hell of an engineer" and then later he added "I just might make you an engineer" Haha

      Delete